Um, excuse me, Life… where has the time gone?! I can’t believe I’ll be boarding a plane to Barelona in 4 days. I feel I’m only semi-prepared.
If you’re a traveler of the world, or you want to be, there are a number of things you will need to make your trip much easier and much less stressful.
2. Entertainment. Something to read, something to listen to, something to keep you entertained. International flights are unbelievably long. If you can, buy a pair of good head phones. If they’re noise-canceling, those are ideal. Those little ones they give you on the plane are useless.
3. If you’re going to a place where they speak another language, bring some study tools. Contrary to the old saying, ignorance isn’t blissful at all. Use your brain.
4. Want to blow dry/straighten you hair? Want to charge your phone? Plug in your computer? Not happening without one of these babies. A voltage converter is a MUST. Your plugs will not go in the walls overseas. I tried to use my straightener without one in Greece, and I blew out the electricity in the entire hotel. Whoops.
5. Comfortable walking shoes. By no means does this mean “new” walking shoes. Unless you want to bring band-aids, too. If you buy new shoes, walk around in them a few times to break them in. I just got my first pair of VANS and they’re pretty awesome already.
6. A neutral-ish bag to carry around. I bought this yellow messenger bag from Target for $20. It’s big enough to hold all of my stuff, it has a zipper on top so nothing can fall out (or be taken out), and I don’t have to hold it on my shoulder while we walk. It’s perfect. Plus, yellow is a good pop color, and it goes with everything, like my leopard sandals that I plan on wearing while we’re there.
8. The final thing is the most obvious, but may be the most important. Not that you need a ton of clothes, but you need appropriate ones. Check the weather and pack accordingly. Plan your flight outfits, since you’ll want to be extra comfortable. I’d suggest leggings or jeans with some stretch so you can move around.
I have not even begun to pack. I need help. And wine. Maybe some vodka. I’m too excited, plus there are so many other important things I have to bring.
I make lists. Long ones. I check off items as I go. It’s worked out so far.
You may want a “plan” too, but I really don’t like them. I like to wing it. Find things for myself. Figure it out.
That should do it. I’ll take pictures I should have plenty to write when I get back.
Write you soon!