Glitter & Garb has been given a Liebster Award from fellow blogger and fashionista, Sarah, from Style Philosopher.
Thank you, Sarah! This post was really fun and took a while, so I hope you guys love it!
So for all of you who are asking what this is, a Liebster Award is passed on from one blogger to the next in order to draw attention to up-and-coming bloggers with 200 followers or less. Once a blogger is nominated, the following steps are required to officially accept the award:
1. Display the Liebster Award badge on your blog along with the rules.
2. Display 11 facts about yourself that your followers may not already know.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who has nominated you.
4. Create 11 questions to ask each new blogger that you’ve nominated.
5. Nominate 11 new bloggers (with 200 followers or less) and pass on the news!
IMPORTANT: You may not nominate the blogger who nominated you!
11 Little Known Facts About Me:
1. I’ve read all the books to Harry Potter, Twilight, and The Hunger Games. Those are the only movies I will pay to see at a theater. Judge, judge, judge.
2. I don’t want kids. I also hate when people say “You’ll change your mind.” I promise you, I will not.
3. I was a cheerleader at USF, but transferred to FSU and became a member of the
Tri-Delta sorority. (DDD PC ’06 what!)
4. I’m on a mission to be multi-lingual and am currently learning French.
5. I don’t care if I ever get married and I cringe every time I get a wedding invitation. However, I do love watching “Say Yes To The Dress.”
6. I want to move to Europe, like, yesterday. I’ve been to Greece, England, and Spain and have plans to conquer the entire continent… and then the rest of the world.
7. I’ve done a form of bungy jumping and I’ve thrown myself out of a plane, but I am too terrified to get on any sort of motorcycle, scooters included.
8. I have never been in a fight, but I’ve always wondered if I would win or lose in the event that it happened.
9. When I was little, my sister told me I was found under a rock and I believed her until I asked my parents in 1st grade.
10. I never cry and I get really uncomfortable around emotional people.
11. I cheered from age 3 to 20. Then off and on until I tore my ACL last year.
Style Philosopher wants to know:
1. What inspired you to become a blogger?
- I actually started blogging after my knee surgery in July of 2011. I was couch-ridden and bored to death. I started blogging to keep me entertained, and when I found out people were reading it, I kept going.
2. How would you define your personal style?
- My personal style varies on my mood. I wear everything; Dresses, jeans, leggings, heels, combat boots, flats, short, long, tight, loose, you name it, I have it.
3. Who/what are your major style influences?
- I’m not a huge TV watcher and I totally don’t care what celebrities today are doing. I get style influence from just being around people. I basically live at the mall, so I do a lot of window shopping and people watching. If I like something I see, I put a twist to it. I also love Pinterest and think it’s such a great site to pull ideas from.
4. What was your favorite style era and why?
- Definitely the 50′s and 60′s. Brigitte Bardot, Eva Marie Saint, Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor… the list just goes on forever. Styles were so classy then. Nothing outrageous or trashy. It was simple and perfect and completely brilliant.
5. Do you have any general rules or guidelines that may determine the way you dress?
- I don’t really like to follow rules. I think that’s what style is, really. If everyone followed all of the rules, everyone would look the same. I color block. I wear white after Labor Day. I have figured out a way to mix brown and black. I don’t like logos. If I love something, I wear it. Fashion is one of the only things I can make decisions about.
6. What about blogging has been the most rewarding for you?
- I think the most rewarding thing has been seeing the blog travel from place to place and to see where it’s blowing up. Other than in the US, the number of followers is climbing rapidly in Canada, Brazil, & the UK, which is kind of surreal. I think it’s cool that I can connect with people that I’ll probably never meet. I like that.
7. How do you feel about your current city’s overall sense of style and have you ever thought about how you might influence local trends?
-Oh, Tampa. Where guys still wear Ed Hardy and Affliction, and girls still wear shirts that have “BEBE” written in rhinestones across the front. That’s not everyone, but for the most part, I wouldn’t call it a “stylish” city. I don’t think people are into fashion here. They buy what’s out. They put a top with a bottom. It’s not a thought process. Working in retail and always being in the mall, I am constantly approached about where I got certain pieces or how I get ideas. I definitely rub off on some people, but not in any mass amount.
8. Are there any local brands, boutiques or independent retailers that you might recommend to others who share your taste in fashion?
- I’m not really a boutique shopper. I love high-end brands, but I can’t bring myself to pay $200 for jeans. I like to use the internet for previewing and absolutely love UrbanOG, Nasty Gal, and Tobi.
9. What is your “casual uniform” or wardrobe staples?
Skinny jeans, a flowy tank top, ballerina flats, and bangles.
10. Aside from being stylish, what are your favorite pastimes?
- Working out, finding new places to travel, and learning. I can watch the Science Channel for hours. You can never know too much.
11. Do you have any thoughts of inspiration or words of wisdom you’d like to offer to others who might like to further develop their personal style?
-If you love something, wear it. Having the confidence to wear something out of your norm is the hardest thing to obtain, but once you have it, you can rock anything.
Terry Two Cents
In Style For Less
Easy On the Eyeliner
The Fashion Student
Fashion Wrap Up
Style Me Yesterday
Glitter and Gold
MY QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. Has your personal style changed or evolved since you started your blog? If so, how?
3. Where do you find style inspiration?
4. What’s the most challenging part about blogging?
5. What is your favorite current trend?
6. Which season is typically your favorite when it comes to fashion and why?
7. Aside from blogging, what do you do in your free time?
8. Which color do you feel best in?
9. What is your go-to piece?
10. Do you follow other blogs? And if so, what type of posts are you more drawn to?
11. If you could raid anyone’s closet, whose would it be?
I hope you all enjoyed the randomness and learned some things about me that you didn’t know before.
As always, thanks for reading!